5 Tips for Glowing Skin
September 22, 2022
We all want glowing skin and a bright complexion. But overtime aging, sun damage and stress can make your skin look dry, ruddy, and uneven. But did you know, you can impact and change your skin tone. Specifically, you can brighten your skin naturally by ensuring that your skin and health routine contains these healthy habits on most days of the week.
1. Wear sunscreen everyday. Sun damage can wreak havoc on your complexion causing freckles, age spots, burns, and other signs of uneven skin tone. Apply everyday a high SPF, broad spectrum sunscreen especially when spending more than one hour outdoors and of course during warm sunny weather. Additionally, make sure that your daily moisturizer also has SPF. This is a great option during the cooler months and when you're not spending as much time outdoors.
2. Always practise a healthy skin routine. Want glowing skin? Make sure you abide by a healthy skin routine. Thoroughly cleanse your face each day and once in a while exfoliate your skin to remove oil and dirt. Moisturize using a product that’s appropriate for your skin type. Never go to bed wearing makeup or without at least cleaning your face to rid it from the days dirt, grim, and sweat.
3. Drink water and eat a healthy diet. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Not coffee, tea or juices, drinking enough water daily is the key to glowing skin. It is also important to eat daily as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible (especially those that are high in vitamins A,C, and E). A vitamin rich diet not only makes you feel good, but it also helps you look good by reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles as well as overall aging skin.
4. Practise gratitude daily. There is a lot of research that shows that people who practise gratitude regularly and show thankfulness experience more positive outcomes in terms of their health and mental well-being. Want healthier looking skin? Every day find just 30 seconds to mediate, journal, pray, and think about what you're thankful for.
5. Exercise often. When you participate in any form of exercise, it helps to increase your body’s levels of endorphins and adrenaline. These brain chemicals are associated with feeling happy and confident, and feeling less anxious and stressed. Not only does feeling happy improve your state of mind, it can also improve your skin. Whether you like to go to the gym, do an online exercise or yoga class at home, go hiking, walking or just turn on the music and dance, getting in the habit of moving your body and increasing your heart rate on most days of the week will have a tremendous affect on your mind and body - that all contributes to healthier looking skin.
Written by Alyssa Rolnick, Co-Founder of Zax’s Original Products, Registered Dietitian and Mother of a very busy household.