5 Tips to Brighten Tired Eyes
November 2, 2020
Some nights you just don’t get enough sleep. Maybe you’ve been stressed with work or a personal matter or maybe there’s just not enough time in the day. Perhaps it's the change in season or you've had a fun late night out! Whatever the reason, you can give your tired eyes a boost with these simple tips.
1. Use an extra pillow - While you’re sleeping, use an extra pillow to elevate your head and prevent fluid from accumulating under the eyes, causing dark circles or under eye bags.
2. Stimulate circulation - Stimulate the circulation underneath the eyes using two cooled teaspoons placed directly over the eyes. Place them in the freezer 30 minutes before use. You can also consider using Zax's Dark Circle Cream.
3. Apply concealer - Dab a concealer (chose a colour that's right for your skin tone) from the inner to the outer corner of the eye. Gently rub the concealer in. Foundation can be applied on top of the concealer all over your face to further hide dark circles.
4. Use a light colored eyeliner - Use an off-white eye liner on the inner tear line on the bottom of the eye. The off-white color will brighten the entire eye and make your eyes pop.
5. Open your eyes with light eye shadow - Use a light colored eye shadow at the center of the eye lid to brighten the eyes and take attention away from dark circles and under eye bags.
When you need to look fresh and alert, have some of these items a part of your skincare and makeup routine and you'll look well rested.
Originally written by Sara N, contributing writer (2015)