Here's Why You Need This Summer Skin Detox
July 27, 2016
July 27, 2016
Been out in the sun a little too much lately? Does your skin feel dry, ruddy, or uneven? No worries, we’re here to help. This summer skin detox will put you back on track.
1. Cut out the culprits. Let’s start by cutting out the culprits that do a number on your skin. Coffee, alcohol, and sugar are a good place to start. Both coffee and alcohol are dehydrating which opens the door to fine lines and wrinkles. Sugar is loaded with calories without any of the healthy nutrients that keep your skin looking vibrant. So take a week to cut them out.
2. Get your water bottle ready. A skin detox is all about hydrating from the inside out so get your water bottle ready. While it may seem simple, drinking water is even more important in the summer time. Drink 6 to 8 glasses per day and if you live in an area that’s especially warm or dry, you should drink even more water. Toting around a water bottle can help you get it done.
3. Add in a green juice. A morning juice is a great way to ensure you get ample fruits and vegetables throughout the day. Plus, starting your day with a green juice is a good substitute for coffee. Green juices are often loaded with vitamin C, which naturally reduces the appearance of sun damage and brown spots and helps boost the production of collagen. Vitamin A, also found in many fruits and vegetables, re-thickens the facial skin which tends to thin out as you age.
4. Try this avocado mask. This mask brightens your skin while deeply moisturizing. Use once per week.
DIY Avocado Mask 1/2 avocado 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar 2 Tbsp. honey 1 tsp. lemon juice Directions
1. Mash all the ingredients together in a small bowl. 2. Spread the concoction all over your face, being particularly careful around your eyes. Let sit for 20 minutes. 3. Rinse with warm water. Take these steps to prevent summer skin damage.
Sara Novak is a Natural Health Care Expert for Zax Health. Follow her on Twitter at @sarafnovak.